Make working from home manageable for your mind and body
With more of us working from home, it is likely you may have started to experience lower back, neck, or shoulder issues that are being made worse by a poor work-from-home set up. Sitting at a desk all day can take its toll not only on our mind but on our bodies. Here are 6 simple steps to maintaining correct posture and avoiding un-necessary aches and pains when working from home.
Create a comfortable workspace
If possible, keep this area separate from your everyday spaces and away from your bedroom. Avoid lounging on the couch or hunching over your laptop while sitting on your bed. Create a proper set up similar to what you are used to in your office. Think a comfortable chair and a sturdy table or desk. You can also create ambiance in your home workspace by using essential oils and a diffuser. Live Well™ Clarity essential oil combines lemon, orange, and mandarin essential oils and is specially designed to encourage focus and mental clarity.
Establish a routine and intention for each day
What do you want to achieve? What’s your plan? What’s on your priority list? Give yourself permission to make time for self-care. Take a normal lunch and regular breaks and find a workday rhythm that suits you. Try a quick midday meditation or a quick protecting and hydrating spritz with Blue Light Defence HydroMist for a middle-of-the-day pick me up.
Take advantage of working in the comfort of your own home by taking five to do some stretches in your living room. Feel free to whip out your favourite yoga poses to stretch out your lower back in between zoom calls.
Be mindful of your posture
Be conscious of how you are sitting. Check in with your body regularly. Straighten your back, pull your shoulders down elevate your laptop to avoid looking down and straining your neck
Try at home massage
Apply our Clove & Mint Recovery Balm to any area of tension. Warm a pea size amount of balm into your palms and apply to your lower back, neck, and shoulders to relieve any aches and pains.
Go easy on yourself
This is new for everybody, so be kind to yourself and your body. Stress not only impacts our mind but also how our bodies feel physically. If you’re frustrated, allow yourself to take a few minutes for some deep breaths or a walk around the block.
Work From Home essentials
Bring a little zen to your home office...
- This weightless, facial mist acts as a barrier against harmful blue light radiation and environmental stressAU$45.00
- Defend your skin with this high performance, innovative moisturiser designed as an invisible shield against damaging blue light and atmospheric pollutionAU$80.00
- She works hard for the moneyAU$90.00 Regular Price AU$125.00Sold out.
- Add wellness-inspired style to any room with our elegant, ceramic essential oil diffuserAU$80.00Sold out.
- Not all heroes wear capesAU$70.00 Regular Price AU$95.89
- Energise your mind and get the job done at home or at work with the help of this motivating blend of sweet citrus essential oilsAU$26.00
- With one sold every 30 minutes* in Australia, Clove & Mint recovery balm has reached cult-status as a recovery remedyFrom AU$50.00